View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Default Irrational Exuberance Low Number High Grade 1933 Goudeys

Posted By: E, Daniel

I agree that there already exists arbiters of condition in the market, that they have the confidence (relatively ) of most hobbyists and are arguably at least as experienced and able as any other group could offer. On the whole I think the pounding/griping/groaning that fixates many on this board regarding the number on the flips they recieve is stupendously boring.

I don't need Kevin's seal on anything just as I don't need any other grading company's where I feel my own eyes and knowledge are sufficient, and will happily take their help where I believe it assists me. It's unlikely I would feel the need to extend that request to Kevin, but where I felt his opinion valuable (and have once already - about 2 months ago) why not? I also don't believe the sky is falling regarding altered cards in the hobby, though it must be said that statements from SGC and Auction Houses have quite strongly suggested that the numbers are higher than 'occasional'.

My only comment was to the language used to describe Kevin's abilities or lack thereof, his intentions, etc.
If you re-read the above thread you might agree that others have been less than generous, or might not. I am as yet to see anything he has said or done to warrant the snide tone in those posts.

Daniel