View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Are the 1910 COUPON (T213-1) cards really T206's ? ....I think so. ....What say you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
All of the 350 only subjects are printed with a Forrest Green back and the
super prints are printed with an Apple Green back.

No kidding.....Pat

I think my SOVEREIGN 350 and SOVEREIGN 460 scans of the six super prints in post #68 clearly show the apple green vs. darker green backs, respectively.

Here is an excerpt from my thread of which I identified all 66 subjects that were printed with the "apple green" SOVEREIGN 350 backs. Back in 2007, Art Martineau first noted
that certain SOVEREIGN 350 cards had a lighter shade of GREEN backs than other SOVEREIGN 350 cards. Initially, this phenomena was mystifying to all of us. By Nov 2007, I
had completed my all-SOVEREIGN set, and this enabled me to identify the 66 cards with the apple green backs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Illustrated here are the 66 subjects that American Lithographic selected for the 350/460 series. American Litho printed
the backs of these 66 cards using an apple green colored ink (instead of the deep green seen on the backs of all the other SOVEREIGN cards).
For more info on this topic, check-out this thread posted in 2009....Sovereign phantom "350/460" series
Here is my concept of a 72-card sheet arrangement of these 66 subjects (Super-Prints are double-printed **)

v.................................... Six super-prints ....................................v

** Note
I show the super-prints Double-Printed (D-P) on this sheet, since several large T206 surveys have indicated that the 6 super-prints were D-P.

TED Z
TED Z

T206 Reference