View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Todd Schultz

Hi Howard,

I've actually had stolen cards returned to me twice-- once by the PD in Phoenix and the other by the Sheriff's Dept. in Flagstaff. I also had some others appear at a show in Phoenix and a board member/dealer here tipped me off, leading to their return. Finally, I once "won" the Ebay auction for a stolen card and showed up at the seller's shop (a coin dealer in Phoenix) and told them I'd been in contact the local PD, leading to that card's return--although I paid him some amt he claimed to have in it to be fair. Given all these events, I don't know if I should consider myself very lucky or very unlucky.

BTW, I have contacted the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
How do you know whether the seller is the one who stole it? Is it possible that they received the card from the original thief unaware of the card's history.

Do you think it might be a good idea to contact the seller and ask them how they came about this card?

I have had cards stolen from me via the USPS several times and I've always searched them out on eBay to see if I can catch the thief. This is the first time that I have ever seen this happen. I hope that you track down this thief.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.