View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Kev1n @1les

Default Bummer...need some help...

I bought a 55 Berra PSA 6 a couple of weeks ago. It arrived this week and when I opened it up, the slab was cracked. It looked almost as if someone hit it with a hammer - as that was the only way that it would have cracked like that.

From what I can see, the card appears undamaged. I still need the card to complete my upgrade, but I don't want the slab to look like that.

I sent a note to the seller. he wasn't a huge power seller, but had a lot of positives. His response to me was very accusatory - "how do you think it happened??" then he said to send it back to him so he could inspect it more closely.

I was thinking about it and got more irritated. It was showing in the tracking and then disappeared for 4 days and then suddenly showed up. It looks like it was damaged in the processing machine. I don't know why I am the one under investigation - as I bought it, paid for it immediately, and then waited nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive - while 2 other orders that I made after that arrived before it. I don't want to send it back until I know that a refund is coming as "send it back so that I can insepct it" doesn't seem very promising. I can always hold onto it and get it reslabbed at the national - as it will probably cost as much to pack, ship, and insure back to him - but I am absorbing liability on this when it was a shipping issue.

I know that this is a post war card - so please forgive if it is in the wrong place, but I was hoping to get some eyes on this - and if the answer is "just get over it and get it reslabbed in AC" then I will accept that as sound advice and call it a cost of doing business.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yogi.jpg (9.7 KB, 198 views)

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set