View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

i was hoping to get more votes and comments but hopefully there will be more over the next few days. Its too bad the player had to be outed i was hoping for more of a blind vote.

The reason for this poll wasnt about the hof, imo he should get into the HOF (we all know he will) but rather how the unnamed player numbers are so similar to others, who were very good but not elite.

So many fans of the team he plaid for describe him as one of the greatest players ever comparing him to all time grates. I have so many arguments with people telling me he was better than mantle or berra, or A rod or rickey henderson or many other players through out baseball history.

BUT once you remove his name and look at the numbers they are still very good, but not in the category hes usually placed in by certain fans. The player put up good numbers, but people get cough up in his popularity for whatever reason. maybe cause im from NYC i get all these crazy conversations. even on the radio callers say the guy needs a statue next to babe ruth, lol

before the player was outed there were 16 votes, 9 to be in HOF and 7 either werent sure yet, needed more info or just a no vote. But i im sure if i posted his name those results would be different.

Andy asked, "What was the reason for ruining the OPs thread?" ill tell u andy, some people just love this guy and feel the need to defend his very good numbers for some reason. i didnt post "bad numbers"

Baseball is a team sport - one player dosnt win a world series.

ted williams, barry bonds, ty cobb, banks, ken griffey jr, gwynn etc etc all never won a WS and its not a knock against them.

David Cone won 5 ws, paul oneil won 5 ws, louis sojo won 5 ws, Darryl straberry won 4, Pablo Sandoval won 3, i can go on. but that dosnt make the player better than what he was.

He was a good player, who was on a great team and he should and will go into the HOF - BUT - IMO he wasnt even even the best player on the team let alone best in the MLB.

the poll and the comparative players posted simply show how close each one is to each other.

Guys like ruth, bonds, arod, mantle, etc were not posted. cause those numbers arent even close.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 05-31-2017 at 12:22 PM.