Thread: Mr. Lemke
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Lemke

Posted By: Eric (goudeyhunter)

I just wanted to jump in with my thoughts here, as I can relate to what's being said in these comments. I too have sent a good deal of newly found vintage material to Bob Lemke, and by my own accord, I'm glad to do it. I sent, and will continue to send vintage card information, because I like to help the hobby progress. In return, all I asked of Mr. Lemke was that he list me as a contributor to the publication(names are found on one of the first pages of the SCD). Bob gladly did this, and I feel honored to be included amongst the other contributors listed.

I've read here that some people have received a free copy of the SCD, and that's great for them. Those cases are up to Mr. Lemke. I paid for my copy, and will continue to do so, happily. I could never ask Mr. Lemke for a free book, nor would I expect him to send me one for my contributions. After all, I chose to contribute them.

SCD is a business. The sooner people start asking for a handout because they chose to freely contribute information, the sooner we can all expect to see this magnificent book not produced any longer, becasue the company doesn't make enough money off of it. I'm not taking any sides here, but let's all buck up and pay for the book. It's a mere $29 through Amazon.