Thread: Babe Ruth?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen in Time View Post
Usually the only threads discussing autos that I follow are those for Mantle - which I do solely for educating myself. But, wow this one has everything and has been all over the place, except for what matters most and that is a cogent explanation for why this Ruth is deemed authentic or a forgery. Aside from the plethora of personal issues and personality exchanges sadly that information appears to have been pushed aside.

Don't get me wrong, I understand to some degree a few of the underlying factors that have carried over from previous threads between participants and I do find the back and forth somewhat entertaining - along the same lines that the "reality shows" are entertaining. But from the standpoint of acquiring some new information to help with assessing the authenticity of a Ruth auto I'm not getting a lot.

So let me see if I can generate some info. It was mentioned that the potential forger for this Ruth has a "tell" in his work. Is this a characteristic of his Ruth forgeries that always appears in his work but that never appears in a real Ruth auto? If so, how does one determine that - would not one have to have multiple Ruth autos that are 100% known to be the forger's?

Thanks,

Craig
This thread has also had several 'talk show hosts', but that's understandable too..

It's a shame that Ruth himself apparently didn't have a "tell". But then again, maybe he did, but that's a secret as well