View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 07:24 PM

No problem Bestdj777, and thanks for the welcome.

Here are a couple other cards I'd appreciate some grading guidance on.
1974 McCovey #250, first at regular size (looking at the one in the upper left), then zoomed front and back:

The front centering is 85/15 which would be a PSA 5 best case for centering.
As far as staining on the back, PSA says "very slight" for 8 and 9, "slight" for grade 7, and "minor" for grade 6. Which of those 3 stain levels would this be? It stands out more when you zoom in, that's for sure.

For the corners, PSA 8 says "1 or 2 corners with very slight fraying." Would this card meet that (just as a grade for the corners, realizing the other things will drop it overall)?

But I'm not sure how to combine all those into an overall grade.

and also this 1970 Munson #189.

Centering is good, and on the corners it seems that if you look closely, 3 of the corners have a very slight fuzziness to them. So does that make it at most a PSA 7 overall? There might also be some sort of print imperfection in the gray part on the face of the card (or maybe it's a defect in the print stock not the printing itself)...is that at a level that it would get dinged?

I have to say, I'm thoroughly confused on PSA's corner grading consistency. I've seen ebay cards with 4 sharp corners and no other flaws grade at a PSA 5, and quite a few card that only grade 6 or 7 but have 4 sharp corners and no other apparent flaws.

Thanks for any tips.

PS, thanks for the PSA registry links. A person could spend waaaay too much time browsing through that.

Last edited by Mesquite; 04-30-2015 at 07:37 PM.