View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Default Rolling the dice-ebay style

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...here comes Christy again, with his damm 2 cents.

OK OK. Brian, a lot of this depends on what kind of beer you're drinking. If it's Hamms or Coors Light or something like that, then, well, your stock is going down, Bro.

I have to say that if someone doesn't stand behind what they sell and can't/won't guarantee it, I won't buy it or bid on it. I have personally been burned by those kinda sellers. [ Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. ~Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott, USS Enterprise. ]

That goes for anything, too, not just cards. I hate walking into Circuit City to buy a DVD Player and have one of the salespeople there tell me: "...and for another $200, I'll sell you a 3-year warranty!"

WTF is THAT all about? You mean to tell me that Sony (et al) wants ME to pay THEM an additional $200 to guarantee that THEIR product will f***ing work??? How in the hell did the consumers in this country get duped into this shat? How and when did we start agreeing to pay the manufacturer to guarantee to us that their damm products will work after we buy them??

I have never understood that concept..."yeah, let ME pay YOU so YOU will stand behind your product." LMFAO. Do I do it? Nope, I don't buy that crap unless they stand behind it. I finally bought a JVC with a 3-year warranty included in the price, which was a standard price like the others.

Cards? Same darn thing. Tell me what I'm buying from you. As long as you guarantee that what I'm being TOLD I'm buying is what I'm actually getting, and you'll guarantee that, I'll be a customer.

If not, well...forget it. I'll surf eBay while drinking Mac and Jacks Amber Ale (or a Starbucks Quad Mocha - it all depends on the time of day) and I'll trade with someone else!!!