View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Richard Simon

Default I received a phone call from x&%$#@! in Arizona

On Tuesday I received a phone call from a lady in Arizona.
She told me that a friend of hers had sent me a Babe Ruth signed ball that he had recently bought in Arizona at a local auction. I had determined it was not authentic. She told me that she and her husband had spent $30,000 in that same auction on autographs of Ruth, Mathewson, etc. She and her husband then, in their infinite wisdom, were going to flip the autographs to a big auction house and make a killing. The one specific item she mentioned was a glove with a Ruth autograph which she said they had paid $2800 for.
The big auction house had a TPA examine the items and all were determined to be not authentic. They all had been authenticated, before the auction, by a famed TV star.
The local auction house refused to give her a refund. She asked me what to do.
I wanted to chastise her for being so blatantly stupid but I told her to contact local law enforcement.
Sometimes people with money are just too stupid to have that kind of money.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-24-2012 at 06:54 AM.