View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:43 PM

On that last note, hope no one minds, but I'll throw in a pitch for a few of my images, too. I posted scans a few months ago when I purchased the photos at an estate sale: Two Paul Thompson Ruth photos, along with a shot of Ruth from the opening day of the new Yankee Stadium. I ended up consigning with Heritage Auctions and the auction ends Friday night.

Shortly after that estate sale, I came across a small local auction a few hours from my house on Long Island and ended up buying several more Ruth photos, along with a lot of other baseball stuff. So in all, I have 14 images (mostly Ruth) being sold by Heritage. It was a strange coincidence to come across two different places to buy Ruth photos within a couple of months. Friday night should be pretty exciting for me. It's always a blast to be part of an auction.

Below is the link to the original thread where I asked for help, if anyone wants to see the original three images. And I'd be happy to share the others if anyone's interested, but I don't want to overdo it. Thanks again for those who chimed in to help earlier. They did indeed turn out to be real. I particularly love the Thompson shot of him crossing home plate. I think that's a gorgeous photo. Has a wonderful mood to it. Thompson was an artist. Having some photography experience myself, images like that aren't easy to capture. particularly in that day and age with such low-tech equipment. I can see why people collect these. I also hope a few folks on Net54 wind up with some of these images. Best regards.
Rob

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177608