View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:34 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

I was never much of a collector of football but in the last few months I have really changed my tune. I set up a small, local show each month and there are a couple guys collecting vintage football. I had a decent selection and since, I have started picking up more and more. Lots, singles, etc. Mostly commons and semi stars as I'm just helping fills spots in sets for these guys so sometimes there is a little push back with higher $$ cards. At least one is doing everything from 1948-1970 so I never fail to have plenty of stuff to empty his wallet for the day, lol. So, needless to say, I have really started to fall for some of the early stuff. 51-55 Bowman are beautiful cards with beautiful colors, 57 Topps I love for it's simplistic design and color as well. Then there's the 55 Topps All-American. In gathering inventory, I have nearly compiled a complete mid grade set of these...with many dupes, of course. I think the 3 "big" ones I would still need is the Grange, Thorpe and Four Horsemen, all readily available. So now my dilemma is do I finish the set and put it back or just single them out??
Getting back to the topic, I think/hope that there will be others out there like me that maybe didn't always have the appreciation for football that come on board. Some of these cards are true pieces of art that I never took time to enjoy in the past and feel like its a whole new world that I'm experiencing, lol!