View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Steve

there is no guarantee it will grade the exact raw review grade. I believe most of the time it does so long as the seal wasn't tampered with, however ive seen them grade both higher and lower. don't forget grading is subjective and each graders eye can be different. and if im not mistaken, the only way for it to be guaranteed is if the card is directly submitted to BGS right after the raw review, as in can't leave the reviewers sight.

some people want graded card prices for it, and it shouldn't be treated as such. ive gotten pretty good judging raw grade from ebay pics and scans....ive got plenty of PSA 10's from raw ebay purchases. I can see maybe paying a little premium for a RCR card because a "pro" has looked it over and anything major should've stood out. but I wouldn't pay BGS 9.5 prices for a RCR 9.5 like some people want. they are not equal. in my eyes, its still a raw card, but has a third party opinion on the grade which could only help you on the purchase but you still need to judge for yourself.

Last edited by dictoresno; 11-17-2018 at 09:00 AM.