View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 02:13 PM

I doubt if anyone owns a compete set of these, which is over 300 cards with several of the cards updated and also includes football players, basketball players, and golfers, but I did buy a partial set which included nearly every card between 1 and 160 about 5 or so years ago for around $1,200. Every card had tape or tape residue on the corners. I bought it from a card dealer in the Dayton, Ohio area on eBay. The only reason I bought the partial set was to get the Cubs that I needed and then my plan was to sell the rest on eBay to hopefully break even. I ended up in the hole minus $300-$400 because I was disappointed in what most of the cards went for, although some went for strong prices, Clemente, Aaron, Mazeroski, Bench. I don't regret it because I would still be looking for Santo, Beckert, Kessinger, Callison, Pepitone, Pappas, Hundley, Regan to this day. I still have about forty common players that I couldn't sell for even a dollar on eBay. The red colored Bench and Perez were printed side by side on the same day, the ones that I had were still together and I sold it that way on eBay. I was disappointed what it went for, something like $50-$60. They were the only ones printed that way, it was to commemerate the two Reds being named to the 1970 All Star game.