View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Default Any SCD prices that are too high?

Posted By: Scott M

David - Agree with your statements. I will pay a little more for a good looking good or good+ card. The reason for this is that I'm not a condition sensitive collector per say. Also, when putting together sets, I find that I'll usually have purchased at least one or two HOFer's that I bought believing were vg and I find that after removing from whatever its in, I find there are 3-4 light creases or other problems. So I figure I'm better off just buying a nice looking G+ card in the first place. Its also a way to avoid paying a lot for commons that you have no interest in other than completing the set. The lower grade cards are out there, it just takes some patience. A good example is an VG E96 Rucker I saw at the National, dealer wanted $75 for it - even after I purchased two HOF'ers from him (one of which wasn't as VG+ as he had indicated) - earlier this month I got Rucker in G condition along with 7 other cards for $70. I'm very happy I waited and I believe there are many other collectors that feel the same way. Whats the difference between a nice looking Good card and a VG card to a collector - usually its only the price.