View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

I think it is the same card. I could see where it may have been touched up a bit, but keep in mind the card in her scan is in a soft sleeve where mine is not. I'm going to try and re-scan mine in a sleeve to see what difference that makes.

The most glaring spots to me are print defects in the red banner at the bottom. If you will look at the bottom of the A in Carl there is a dot/eye and also along the top of the red banner between the "i" and "of". Those aren't as evident on the ebay scan, but you can see blemishes there. I've attached a photo and a scan in a sleeve. My guess is looking closely, there was likely some doctoring however minor. I won't hesitate to return the cards I bought last night if I see the same or worse.

I do appreciate your input and additional sets of eyes. Here is the original listing. I always assume a card is at least a grade or two lower than is described.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-YASTRZE...vip=true&rt=nc

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
JenX, imo, the card you purchased does not look like the card she posted.

Her card has definitely been cleaned up some, imo. Note the corners, especially the top right and also the dot in the border on the left side (Yaz's right shoulder) Is that something that is just on your scanner or is it on the actual card?
The borders also look whiter, cleaned up in her pic compared to your's.
What was her description of the card, or do you still have the for sale/auction link?

Surprisingly, however, I thought it may be worse, but, imo, your card didn't need a lot of doctoring. Based on what I have read and heard, most of her cards have been doctored/photoshopped quite extensively.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1964 Yaz_sleeve002.jpg (77.5 KB, 461 views)
File Type: jpg 20170725_132545.jpg (70.8 KB, 464 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 07-25-2017 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added link