Thread: Clayton Kershaw
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 10:10 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I think I have to say that Kershaw is now the best I've ever seen. Better than Pedro, better than Maddux. It's just unbelievable that he's getting even better now.

In the past five years, he's won three Cy Young Awards, was runner up once, and finished third place last year. And this year? He's showing a career-best 218 ERA +. He's struck out 77 batters, and has walked 4 in 8 starts. He's walking one batter every other game, lol. His WHIP right now is 0.726. He's striking out 11.2 batters per 9 IP.

Get this card, guys, while it's still semi-affordable.

When I get my dental work paid off, the first thing I'm doing is selling mine, and upgrading it to a Beckett-graded. My card is sharp, but the centering is off a little left to right, and there's a slight diamond cut on the left and right edges.

I respectfully disagree. As much as I would like to have a fellow southpaw at the head of the pack, I believe Pedro Martinez was the best I've ever seen...and there is more of a gap between he and the next three (Maddux, RJ and Kershaw) than between the Maddux, Johnson and Kershaw.

Pedro was at his most dominant when hitters were at their most dominant. At 170 pounds, it was absolutely difficult to believe even when watching. He also shared the stage with Maddux, Johnson and PEDClemens.

It's easy to forget what an offensive game it was when Pedro and Maddux pitched. Much more offense than now.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 05-14-2016 at 10:12 AM.