View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 04:30 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen View Post
Comc seems to like them a lot - me not so much so typically I just skip over them.
COMC does because they have 20 million cards for sale on their main site and can cram more cards into a dropdown for the same cost as a single eBay listing. Only about 3 million are listed on eBay at any given time. If you're buying from comc_consignments on eBay, you're wasting a bunch of money. Sure is cheaper and easier buying straight from COMC itself.
Like right now, all of my cards are half off on COMC. However, the ones that are cross-posted to eBay and Amazon are all listed full price, because sale prices don't cross over from COMC to their partners. So for a card I have listed at $100, you could pay COMC through eBay $110 (COMC adds $10 to give you "free shipping") and I would get $80. Whereas the same card right now on COMC would only cost you $50 plus $4 shipping.
But with COMC, you could store the card there for years waiting until you have a thousand cards to ship and they'd send them all to you for the initial $4 shipping, rather than spending $4 each time to mail a few cards.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.