View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Well, as George Harrison sang many years ago, all things must pass. But hard to predict when when and how. A lot has changed since Shakespeare's time, yet kids still read his books in college and people still find going to his plays tremendously rewarding. Ditto fine art and much of what Sotherbys sells. Yeah, some wacky modern art demands great prices, but all these centuries later people still buy Picassos and Rembrandts. I think there will be a market for what we collect for many many years, though clearly things will fall in and out of favor. Maybe someday the mania we see today for Jackie Robinson turns into hysteria for Ken Griffey cards. Or people are going nuts for Judge cards. Impossible to predict.

I always think how Elvis Presley was the biggest celebrity on the planet when I was a teen. Today my kids would be hard pressed to name 2 of his songs. Do people go to Graceland anymore? I don't know. I doubt there are lines down the block. Yet, people still collect Beatles stuff big time. Impossible to predict.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-04-2019 at 05:39 PM.