View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Supply is and will be definitely lower than in the past for real tickets. Most fans walking thru the gates now I notice either have a paper read out or use a scan on their phone etc. Real tickets for significant games may be in low supply.

I recall attending Robin Yount's 3000th hit game, and buying a half dozen or so extra tickets from the box office after he got the hit. I've managed to save just about all of my stubs from games I've attended except for my earliest childhood games, unfortunately. This year I attended my first sporting event without a paper ticket, a Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game in March. The only way to get an actual stub is buying a ticket, day of game, from the arena. I believe STH's have the option of having tickets printed. I don't like electronic phone tickets. Tomorrow I start my season of sitting in the Wrigley bleachers, forced to using electronic phone tickets for the first time in baseball. In the event of something historic, I will not have an official ticket stub and that stinks.

...also when I asked to buy a hockey program at Amelie Arena in Tampa, I was told they no longer print them, all the player information is on their team app....

Last edited by RTK; 04-11-2019 at 08:23 PM.