View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Dan Marke1

Default Thanks for the heads up on the book

This sounds like a great book and I plan to read it.

I used to be an avid reader and collector of sports books in the 1990's and after a long hiatus, I plan on devoting most, if not all of my hobby time (and money) to buying more books and reading them and expanding my sports library.

The card collecting thing for me has been a total headache and it just isn't fun anymore as a hobby. Several of my friends and I had our own "sports book of the month club" from the early 1990's to the late 1990's and those books and discussions about what we read were by far and away more engaging, educational and entertaining than all the thousands of cards I ever owned. In fact, some of the best books I've ever read I found in bargain bins for $3-$5 at various local book stores like a late, autographed edition of "Ball Four" or an early '70s hardback in superb conditon of "Clemente" by Phil Muzik.

When Ebay came into fruition in the late 1990's the "book club" and my devotion to books faded away and now I realize what a mistake that was. Keep those book reviews coming!