Thread: Set Registry
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default Set Registry

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

"How many more T206 sets of 95-98% completion on the SGC or PSA set registry with an average grade of 7 or higher would it take for you to admit that you were wrong?"

Let's see, Paul. Right now, tallying up the number of sets on either registry at 95-98% with an average grade of 7 or higher, there are a grand total of, umm, one.

So I guess the number would be one, then.

OR - novel concept - perhaps we can change our way of thinking a bit, and finally admit that the concept of "high grade" when it comes to most prewar sets does NOT mean PSA/SGC 8 or better. More like 6 or better, perhaps even lower on some sets.

If we lower our definition of "high grade" to EX-MT for T206, then the number changes DRAMATICALLY. Using the lower standards, the total number of "high grade" registered T206 sets above 95% complete in EX-MT or better is...

Oh. It's still just the one.

Huh.

I seriously doubt that there enough raw, high-grade T206 sets out there to make a measurable impact on that number over the next, say, 100 years.

(sorry about the sarcasm, I just think it all comes down to simple math once again, and the issue is obvious to me).

-Al