View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 12:47 PM
Jason A. Schwartz

Agreed on Irvin. In his case, he'd be on the "First 50" display that runs from 1933-1957. His MLB numbers aren't HOF-calibre, but I always keep in mind he didn't make his debut till he was 30, largely for reasons due to anything but lack of ability. Irvin has some beautiful cards...I really like his 53 Bowman Color and his 54 Dan Dee. However, I'm now thinking I may represent him with his 51 Topps Red Back. This gives me a chance to include the very first Topps issue in my display.

Minoso has a gorgeous 53 Bowman Color card as well, and that could well sway me. For the row in the display where he'd go, it comes down to Minoso vs Ashburn. I like Ashburn's 52 Bowman next to my newfound 52 Bowman Robin Roberts, so this could almost be a coin flip.

Yes, I agree Oliva was really good and could have been really, really good. I've also heard he's a terrific guy from people who've met him. I think he does the Spanish broadcasting for the Twins these days. He doesn't quite make my list at the moment, even with the three batting titles. Another guy I feel guilty omitting is Bill Madlock, with FOUR titles!

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/