Thread: Cure for cancer
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Sean McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963Topps Set View Post
I have given this subject a lot of thought over the years. I ask myself:

Who was the last U. S. President to die from cancer?

Who was the last member of the Royal family in England to die from cancer?

Who was the last Astronaut to die from cancer?

Who was the last cancer researcher to die from cancer?

Kemo was first introduced in 1956. It is still used today as the primary treatment of cancer.

That is 62 years without change.

Think about other fields of technology and their advancement over the last 62 years.

The space program, social media, computers, air travel, automobiles, the internet, cost of living, technology..

Yet, we don't have the technology for a cure for cancer.

We supposedly put a man on the moon and back in 1969... but we can't cure cancer.

We can create a life in a test tube.. but we can't cure cancer.

We can clone animals and people.. but we can't cure cancer.

Just sayin'...
About four years ago my cousin's wonderful 3 year old daughter was playfully running around the house like a typical 3 year old does when suddenly she collapsed and couldn't stand up again. They rushed her to the hospital and the doctors discovered a tumor in her brain. She spent the next 3 years undergoing numerous radiation treatments and surgery, spending a huge amount of that time in the hospital.

She had a few months after that of normal life. Then late last year they found that the tumors had returned and spread. These would not respond to radiation treatment and could not be surgically removed. She is not expected to see her next (8th) birthday. My cousin, his ex-wife (her mother) and my aunt (and myself, albeit from afar) can do nothing but watch her condition deteriorate. Its the most excruciatingly painful thing a person can experience - waiting for your kid to die in front of you. She has now spent most of her life, and pretty much all of it that she can remember, dying of cancer.

This happens to millions of people around the world every year. You really think the tens of thousands of people involved in cancer research, many of whom have experienced something similar to this, would just cover up a cure and let this happen to people without a single one of them saying anything about it? That idea is beyond stupid.

Last edited by seanofjapan; 04-09-2018 at 09:39 PM.