View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 11:41 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLange View Post
As a Cleveland Baseball collector, I just don't have much interest in the players from other teams, even when they are hobby icons. I have plenty of stars and HOFers to pursue - including Tris Speaker, Nap Lajoie, Joe Jackson, Cy Young, Bob Feller, Larry Doby, Satchel Paige, and Rocky Colavito - to name a handful! It may not hold forever, but presently I am happy to continue collecting players from my favorite team. For me, that means I pursue players when they were with the Tribe, and take little interest in their cards/collectibles when they were with other teams (like Speaker with Boston, Colavito with Detroit, etc.). It also means that I limit my type collecting to only those cards/sets, that have a Cleveland player. I do admit its hard to look at some of these neat regional sets from other teams, but again I have plenty of tough items to pursue just from Northeast Ohio to keep me satisfied.
I can relate to what you are saying. I have collected whole sets in baseball and football, but I feel increasingly drawn to the Brooklyn Dodgers with Jackie, Duke, Campy, Pee Wee, Newcombe, Preacher Roe, etc. The early Bowman issues are especially nice. Really outside of Jackie, most of these can be had fairly reasonably. Someday, I might fill in around the Dodgers and complete the entire sets someday, but this sounds like fun right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk