View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Default T206 team sets......all 36 cards of the CUBS

Posted By: sean

I still absolutely believe he deserves his spot in the HOF. Again, for the reason that he helped them in the clutch. By clutch I mean, in the very important pennant games. These are the kind of records that dont show up in typical recods but do prove his worth towards helping the cubs get to 4 world series in 5 years.
Evers I admire because he went from a dead daughter and a nervous breakdown to helping the braves in 1914. There is also a lot to be said about playing for the team (with sacrifices, going for one base at a time, etc.). This def. bring a players average down but helps for the good of the game. I remember reading of one pennant game (I dont remember which as I have no books with me) where Tinker bunted 3 times in one game. I always was kinna impressed that a fellow who coul dhit the dead ball pretty well would go for sacrifices that many times in one very important game.
I also believe Johnny Kling contributed just as much if not more than the rest and should be in the hof as well.
Anyways, this is just my 2 cents.