View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 03:25 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Thanks

The last two posts are very helpful. I don't need to have a Brock RC graded. I do a submission once or twice a year. Some cards that are higher end and others to see, how am I doing, in the raw card world. Up until this latest submission I have received numerical grades for all my purchases. This time I got color added on two of them.

Better deals can be had in the raw market but there are more risks with a novice collector so I'm trying to learn (I also know from this post and others that grading services aren't perfect, but better than me).

I recent got a Yaz RC for $25 as well that got an SGC 60. That's a $75 plus card and more likely $100 or so. These are good cheap lessons to learn.

I still haven't left feedback for the seller and he hasn't offered much sympathy in response. Does a recoloring warrant a negative. Seller says he bought it off someone who came in his shop.

Also David one question for you. Would you have picked up on the color added by the scan if you didn't know about it originally? I'm sure most would have realized after receiving the card.

Steve