View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey dean View Post
Thank you both for your responses. What effect does the MK qualifier have post grading? I believe I read that an OC qualifer basically has the effect of siphoning up to 2 points off a grade. I guess if I think about it, it depends on where the mark is and to what extent. Just curious what effects the MK and OC qualifiers generally have on a grade.
The MK qualifier would have the same effect in most collectors' eyes (ie. a 2 grade deduction). This 2 point deduction became the hobby standard mainly due to PSA's set registry, as that's how they "scored" cards with qualifiers.

Still, like you said, when it comes time for someone to pay for a card, the price reduction for a mark will often be affected by location and severity (pencil marks on the reverse not viewed as badly as marks on the front, etc.).

The mark on your Mantle in fairly unobtrusive (small and in the border), and I agree with the previous guesses about the card grading about a 3 MK. One of the nice things about your copy is the great centering.