View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Al Richter

Contest card, Emblem offer and unopened 1 cent pack ( far below). The 5 cent pack from 1958..and 1956...are the hardest Topps packs to get in my experience. Griffins who posts here has one. Also a weird Grissom

\

Card 44, Washington Team card and second series checklist does list card 145 as Ed Bouche. On card 134 the Phillies team card and another checklist 2 omits card 145 which was not issued. Bouche had been suspended from baseball by then for one year. I used to wonder if any proof card of Bouche exists but none has surfaced. Bob Lemke did produce two alternate versions. Cards 135 and 142 below have related back defects ( pretty scarce). The Consolo is a recurring print defect

Burk has many a defect, Pearrson was an early dot com and Whammy has a top recurring border defect

Sisler has a lot of weird bottom right border variants and the aforementioned Hoeft can be found with red and yellow triangles near the logo as well as with YL and W letters

I like my weird Herrera Herrera more than my Herrer, which is really just another scarce recurring print defect

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-06-2018 at 10:02 AM.