View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Larry More.y

Here is some further q/a from an ebay rep about this:

What qualifies an occasional seller?

A seller who has sold up to 25 items in the past 12 months.

Which Fixed price items will be impacted?

All items listed using the quick listing tool. (Not turbolister or any other business selling tools)

Does this apply to Good ‘Til Cancelled?

Yes.

Will identified sellers be notified of the auto relists on their items?

Sellers will receive the existing Good 'Til Cancelled email.

How many times will they relist?

Good 'Til Cancelled items are relisted every 30 days. Not aware of there being a limit on the number of times the item will relist.

How will Fixed Price listings of a shorter duration (ex. 10 day) be impacted?
They will not be impacted. Members listing items through the quick listing tool do not have the ability to choose a duration for a fixed price listing. That listing form automatically defaults to have the duration be Good 'Til Canceled for fixed price listings.This is live now. Here's a screenshot of the tool:

Sell_on_eBay.png

What purpose is served for Ebay to auto renew a FP listing set up by the seller to be a 30 day or less listing?

Members listing items through the quick listing tool do not have the ability to choose a duration for a fixed price listing.

Suppose I list an item for 7 or 10 days. The item does not sell. Well it really is in a sense canceled, correct? So it goes into my unsold items list. Do you mean I have to go into my unsold items list and cancel? I really don't understand how this works? Or do you mean I have to cancel the day before the listing ends?
Members listing items through the quick listing tool do not have the ability to choose a duration for a fixed price listing. The above scenario is not possible.

What if they do not want the item to be relisted after the listing ends because of their personal schedule...vacation, medical reasons, etc. ?

The seller will need to manually end the item.

Why was this important change added to the User Agreement, but not featured in the Seller Update, as well where it would be accompanied by a FAQ section?

As this is only specific to certain sellers that use the quick listing tool.

How will listings through FileExchange, TurboLister or another third party app be affected?

These listings will not be impacted.