View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 04:04 AM
J@son C@rter

Don't forget the Cubs book, you even have it shown on your image. I bought a few to give it a try cutting them up, but never did since I got a Greg Maddux PSA graded example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Noticed some uncut 9-card sheets of 1988 Donruss pop up on COMC this week that I'd never seen before. This was surprising because I collected cards as a kid from 1987-1995 and didn't realize that Donruss made these in team books like this:

The cool thing about these uncut sheets is that the cards have full backs and were updated based on trades throughout the season, basically making those additional cards rare for the issue. The cards that were not released in the base set were given the card number "NEW".

1988 Donruss Team Sheet #OAK - Oakland A's
Courtesy of COMC.com

1988 Donruss Team Sheet #OAK - Oakland A's
Courtesy of COMC.com

Prices for the notebooks are pretty cheap, so it wouldn't be expensive to put together a hand-cut traded set for 1988. There are only five teams that they put team sheets out for, based on eBay searches: Oakland A's, New York Mets and Yankees, Boston Red Sox, and St. Louis Cardinals.

PSA has graded these cuts, and I figure they would be popular for player registry set collectors. Nice thing about them for cutting is that they have a wide border between the cards so you don't have to cut into one card to get a better card next to it.
http://www.psacard.com/pop/baseball-cards/1988/20976

I'll try to put together a checklist of these cards this afternoon during a football game.