View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Pete Sycks

I've discussed this with some buddies of mine and we see both sides. 1. When people talk about how he should be able to make a living they don't factor in the public perception that will follow him around in the organization. If my Twins drafted him it's pretty much saying "Who cares what he did/didn't do with this little girl, his curve has great break and everything else is secondary" Whatever team gives him a shot has to think about their bottom line and can't afford to lose thousands or millions of fans by taking 1 pitcher. 2. My friends talked about how people have beaten their wives / almost killed people in the past and still collect a paycheck in sports and how is this different? Nobody is saying what they're doing is acceptable behavior at all, but is there much worse than being a pedophile? When using the argument "he was only 15 so we should give him a break" I can't see that at all. Although I probably did something stupid at 15, I still knew what I was doing and their age shouldn't give them a pass.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's