View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
Ted,

Definitely sounds plausible, but have reservations about that, as the T80s weren't distributed with the same tobacco companies that had the T205s. I would think that if they were going to be part, they would have been available with the same advertisement as their counterpart. Especially if they were to be included with the 400 design count.

I'm a believer that there was supposed to be additional cards added during a later run. Nothing to prove that, just my opinion.

r/
Frank
I would tend to agree more with this. It seems strange that they would have made something they considered to be a single set, but with completely different ad backs for the non-baseball cards. For example, the T58 (fish) cards, which were issued concurrently with the T206 set AND featured some of the same ad backs, were clearly not intended to be the same set, so I don't understand the logic of combining baseball and bird/military cards as a single series the following year. Also, the text "Base Ball Series 400 Subjects" as listed on certain ad-backs of T205s certainly makes it sound like there were 400 intended baseball subjects which just never happened for some reason.