View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdelpercio View Post
I would tend to agree more with this. It seems strange that they would have made something they considered to be a single set, but with completely different ad backs for the non-baseball cards. For example, the T58 (fish) cards, which were issued concurrently with the T206 set AND featured some of the same ad backs, were clearly not intended to be the same set, so I don't understand the logic of combining baseball and bird/military cards as a single series the following year. Also, the text "Base Ball Series 400 Subjects" as listed on certain ad-backs of T205s certainly makes it sound like there were 400 intended baseball subjects which just never happened for some reason.
Umm???? If you look at some set made they had baseball as well as others. Allen and Ginter and Mayo's are a prime example. The fact that baseball series is mention leads me to believe that it is only part of a series and not an inclusive baseball set. Some cards say "400 subjects" and others say "Baseball series 400 subjects" I guess its all up for interpretation.

Now we get the back issues. Who really cared what some foreign general or a bird's bio was. Much easier to use what was already made for backs and they were in very short print runs anyways. SC does show up the same on these backs though. Thats what lead me to this theory.

I was incorrect on some of what I wrote and during a conversation with Ted Z this was brought to light. I did not however go back and change it . Sorry about that guys.

Member since 2009