View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderedH2O View Post
I'm going to ask, because so many of you are lawyers or experts in law and I am not. Forget about ethics or morals, but what is illegal about altering cards, resubmitting them to PSA, and then selling them?

I say this because I worked in the car business for years and customers often washed, waxed, Armor-alled, and detailed their cars before trading them in. They would buff out scratches. Occasionally we found Bondo to cover a dent. Our appraiser would look over the car and make a decision. It was what it was. We couldn't go back a month later and call the person that traded in the car and claim some sort of deception. If it got past our appraiser then so be it.

If Gary gets a card and doctors it up and submits it to PSA, it is PSA's job to catch the doctoring. If he has a PSA 4 that becomes a PSA 7, it is what it is. That card is now a PSA 7, whether you like the way it got there or not. If PWCC takes this PSA 7 and sells it on ebay as a PSA 7 beautiful example of this card, are they lying? Is it not a PSA 7? It says so right on the slab.

To me, the only legal issues would be if they had an insider at PSA that was giving them some sort of an advantage, or if they intentionally undersold the first cards so that they could purchase them for resale. As far as the trimming, chemical bathing, or whatever... that seems to be a PSA issue of incompetence.

I think this practice is misleading, unethical, and deceptive. But, my question is this: Is the altering of cards, submitting them, and then selling the newly slabbed item actually illegal?
seriously.Yes PSA is incompetent only to this point in the story. It remains to be seen if they are implicit to the crime. I personally believe they are. You don't have to be a Lawyer to know for FACT what they are doing is fraud. It is almost laughable if you don't think it's not illegal to HIDE material facts about the cards they are reselling.

Let people crack cards, doctor the F out of them and get higher grades on the resubmit. THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE. DING DING DING. Hello McFly, anybody home! They do it over and over and over again with 10 different characters for 15-20 years. Once again, please listen to the lawyers who know much more about the law then you do. I have never wasted 1 nickel on a lawyer but have paid them thousands in my time. Always worth every damn penny. AND I actually do what they tell me..

Imagine that. listening to people who know more than you do... You should try it sometime.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 06-07-2019 at 03:07 PM.