View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 08:15 AM
D@V!D

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=381965889315

I was a bidder in this recent auction and lost and I am not one of the retractors but thought I would point this out since someone else started the thread and this is somewhat on topic. I am not saying Probstein had anything to do with this, in fact I am sure he did not, but since the pitchforks are out for others I think it is relevant to remind how this can be a problem with any auction. The auction was bid all the way up to $6999, had three bid retractions, and closed at $5300. One of the bidders who retracted has 102 retractions and another has 16. The bids that were retracted were placed on February 14 and 15 and retracted 5 and 6 days later. How someone who has 102 retractions can be allowed on EBay is beyond comprehension. Interestingly, the final price was actually about as expected for the card and may be evidence that even though shillers get involved that ultimately the market price often falls where it should unless the shiller wins and their plot is foiled. For this who don't know, bid retractions are at the bottom of the page. It is the most outrageous example of attempted price manipulation I have ever seen.

David L@mont

Last edited by sushihotwings; 02-26-2017 at 08:34 AM.