View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 PM
George

Default Grading questions in general and for 1967 Topps

I'm now just getting back into the hobby after a long time, and doing a lot of internet reading and research.

It seems to me in general that a PSA graded 9 MT card will sell for 3 times what a nice graded NM-MT 8 card will for the 1967 set.

If a card is $300 at PSA 8, then it will be $900 at PSA 9. This ratio seems to be the same for common cards at 8 and 9 as well.

As an example the 67 Brooks Robinson (which I need to replace), and is one of my favorite cards of all time... is selling for $1200+ at PSA 9....yet the 8's I've seen are all over the place in price.

I guess what it comes down to is what is acceptable to an individual collector. Off center is not a pet peeve of mine if it has sharp corners and bright color.

I'm going to be attempting to finish/re-finish the 7th series from 67, I have found that the cards from that high series are always in better condition, because by the time they were out in stores in September, it was Football season, and that population did not get abused as much by kids.

Any thoughts on the 8 and 9 issue I stated above? Just how "Rare" are 7th series PSA 9's in real terms?