View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default THE KID by Ben Bradlee, Jr. - Initial Impression:

After missing the PBS documentary which was, at least in part, supposedly based on it, I purchased The Kid: The Immortal Life of Ted Williams by Ben Bradlee, Jr. - it arrived today.

I did not check the details prior to buying...just dove right in.

It's massive, 784 pages of text! So I, never a prodigious reader, will be working on this for quite a while.

I always check the photo plates as soon as a new book arrives and I was very disappointed to find a photo of Ted and someone who definitely is not who they say it is...Mickey Mantle.

I'm used to finding statistically errors in the Baseball books I purchase, but I never expected to find such an obvious error involving the image of someone so well known.

I do hope that the book itself will be more accurate than the photo in question.

Obviously, I cannot recommend the book at this time, but I'll share my thoughts once I get through it.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 07-27-2018 at 11:28 AM.