View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Without more info the top one could be either Rube Foster or Dick "Cannonball" Redding...my best guess. The second one is the Homestead Grays, but I could not say what year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Picture resolution on the images posted look really bad. Top one is Rube Foster. Middle one has Josh Gibson among others. Bottom is Sachel Paige.

These all look like reprints to me. Cue insults and the reasons why I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
They certainly could be reprints, but I can't tell if the pics are grainy or if it's the glass from the first two. I think if you posted scans of the photos out of the frames, both front and back, we'll be able to offer better opinions on these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
The fact that they are all recognizable guys spanning decades in the Negro Leagues all found together at a flea market is slightly suspicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Reprints, artificially aged.
Thanks for the input guys. I will try and get some better pics(my scanner is broken). I don't know anything about pictures but from collecting older cards I notice they have that "vintage smell". Should I try and send them to get authenticated or should I not even bother?