View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 12:55 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyu2 View Post
Unless you have private insurance, USPS Registered Mail is the safest and most reliable way to ship cards for grading. And you can insure the package up to $50,000 for a reasonable fee. Many will recommend other shipping methods, but know the insurance limits / risks involved before you use other methods.

And remember, there are countless millions of dollars in cards being mailed every day to and from the grading companies. A package worth $10k and up is a pretty normal shipment these days being sent to and from the grading companies. It can be daunting when you haven't done it before, but the vast majority of the time - the packages and contents are delivered without problem.

Don't know which company you are sending to, but PSA provides detailed instructions on how to package cards for shipping. Follow those instructions, and ship via USPS Registered, and you'll be fine.
I fully agree with registered mail being the only service I would use for expensive cards. Package has to be signed for at each stage of the shipping proceess by a postal employee. It is virtually impossible to get lost. If I had $100,000 to ship, I would do 2 submissions in separate packages so full insurance is covered since $50K is the limit on any one package.