View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Miguel Sz@b@nĄ&

1980 was the first year collecting for me as well. By the time I was 10 I was working two paper routes and buying packs almost every day after school. I loved sorting and organizing cards, making sets and reading stats. So many great memories, hanging out with friends and at the local card shop.

I collected nonstop for almost 20 years. Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, Upper Deck.. My favorite player from 1988 on was Ken Griffey Jr. I loved watching him play, I wore his number on the ball field and I mimicked his swing. And of course I had to have all of his cards. But when he left Seattle I was completely devastated. I quit the hobby cold turkey.

Ive been back about two years now. Why? Something had been missing in my life. A void unfilled by other hobbies I guess. The first thing I wanted to do was go back to 2000 and start buying packs and building sets again. I did the same for 2001. I researched the different issues, card designs and inserts - bought a dozen different boxes and started colliating. Earlier this year I finished 2002. Ten more years and I'll finally be caught up, lol...