View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Mike C@.v3

Awesome stories, guys...I can definitely relate to what everyone's saying.

I was born in '79 and started collecting in '87...such great memories. The greatest thing about ripping packs back then that I can remember was pulling the topps rookie all-stars...the ones with the small trophy on them...they were way cool and to me, were worth more Also, when you pulled an insert card...bingo! Pulling good ones were the ones worth $1-2 or maybe five bucks...nowadays if you don't pull a $100 card, you just lost out on the box you bought Man, how the times have changed. Nothing like the old days when collecting was fun and a lot of kids collected, so it was a common hobby amongst most kids...I miss those times dearly.

I understand completely what the OP is talking about. I collect prewar, but I have nice Griffey collection that I add to all the time and just looking at those remind me of the good ole days...that's why I'll probably always collect cards from my childhood and not totally convert to prewar. Nothing can replace the great memories that I had when I was a kid collecting, sharing and trading with friends...
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48