View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 03:58 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

That is one nice program! Condition looks really good, height of the dead ball era, two important teams with many HOFers, and an aesthetically pleasing Coke ad. Plus the program is scored which to me makes it more valuable. So if I were to start collecting programs, this one would be a great place to start.

It can be tricky to try to draw conclusions from one transaction as there could be special factors at play (e.g., two well-heeled collectors who each for reasons unique to him/her had to have this particular program), but based on what other memorabilia sells for, the price doesn't strike me as that crazy. For those familiar with the program market from this period, are you saying that the programs that sell for $1,000 - $1,500 have all these attributes? I'm not suggesting they don't, but if they do, they seem to me to be undervalued.

My experience with the memorabilia I do collect is that, as with baseball cards, slight differences in attributes (e.g., condition, teams, players, year, etc.) can make a big difference in price.