View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 11:04 AM
€d M!££w00D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballdude View Post
I don't think it's a lack of love for the set. It's one of my personal favorites. I think it may be because it is not a very hard set to complete, with the exception of the checklist card maybe. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of varieties, errors, or other oddball things to talk about. There are no high power rookie cards to drive it either.

Having said that, I would love to see some conversation on this set. It is one of the sets I have been working on for some time, along with the other 60 sets.

You are right about it being an inexpensive set, especially compared to the baseball counterpart. In fact vintage football in general, in my opinion, offers some of the greatest bargains in the sports card market. If every baseball card collector decided to add some football to their collection, I would think the supply would dry up rapidly, and prices (and popularity) would rise tremendously.

Good luck with your set.
Thanks Richard. That definitely makes sense. I am really enjoying the set. The colors and photos are great, and I am partial to these larger cards Topps made through 1956.

Ed