View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default So. Cal. Fires O/T

Posted By: David Smith

I have a question.

Having only been to Northern California and NOT knowing what Southern California is like, why don't the Government or businesses erect poles or some other device that would spray mist into the air?? These poles or devices could be put on top or near the top of the hills and water could be pumped up to them. Then, when the wind is blowing, these could be turned on and the wind could carry the moisture along with it. That way, the air could be a little more saturated with water and that water could be carried to more places.

As it is now, I see Firemen with their hoses spraying huge amounts of water in small areas and helicopters dumping one big load of water on one small area. It seems to me like moisture, even in smaller amounts, spread over larger areas would be better for everybody.

If this idea were to work, it would be cheaper to build and maintain than what is going on now with all the people and equipment involved and all the buildings that are being destroyed. From a cost/benefit analysis, I am sure the insurance companies woud jump in and help pay for something like this.

Just a thought,

David