View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Todd Schultz

Hi Quan, it's been along time. I hear family life keeps you busy--I hope all is well. You should know that your constant chiding about my affinity for the black and white sets led me to finally buy some colorful lithographic cards. Hey, they're not bad. Still can't get me to bite on the shiny stuff or the autographs though.

Towers has been on his way out for at l east two months now, which makes any notion that someone is following his orders even more ridiculous. As I said (or hinted at) above, however, I would not expect things to change under a LaRussa led regime, and although I'm no fan, he has had his share of success.

Upton was traded because he was seen as aloof, more interested in self than team and known to disappear when needed most. Towers blew it in not getting more for him, but most Dback fans were not upset to see him go (while at the same time wishing him well, as he is not a bad guy). Bauer was considered a head case--someone who refused coaching and insisted that his own training and preparation regimen must be followed. Time will tell and again, my beef is more that they got not much in return. Eaton was widely disliked in the clubhouse. I will concede that Towers showed little patience before making moves on some of these, and that his moves have not been good, but again, he's out the door. {He is also incapable of assembling a major league outfield}

The focus on them being dirty though is ridiculously overblown, as I have set out above. I have no major issue going at McCutchen after Goldy went down for the year (he would have pushed 60 doubles this season), and again point out all of the injuries due to HBP and all the beanballs and ask you to show me how Arizona is any kind of major culprit compared to everyone else. They hit Braun and McCutchen, and of course we could get into that incident last year in LA. What else ya got?
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 08-05-2014 at 11:53 PM.