Thread: 2018 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 07:03 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
Jeez, the roster of Golden State is better than the Cavaliers. With the talent the Cavs have, they really didn't have any right to get to four straight Finals. They reached the Finals four straight years because of Lebron James. Bitching about the guy who single-handedly took the team to four straight finals just really seems like awful fandom to me. You honestly feel that the Cavaliers went 1-3 in the Finals because Lebron James didn't do enough for them to win?

The "taking my talents to South Beach" was bad. No one disputes that, but the guy also came back home and won the city it's first title in 50 years. I suspect you would not have had much of an issue if the press conference was an announcement that he was "taking my talents back to Cleveland."

He delivered two titles to Miami because he had better players around him in Miami. Like I said earlier, I am not making fun of Cleveland. But it is never going to be one of the top-flight choices for NBA free agents.
1) 3/4 Finals included Kyrie on the Cavs roster, and all four had Kevin Love. They had the talent.

2) I'm not saying he didn't do enough. I'm saying some of his decisions were ultimately detrimental to the Cavs' success in the Finals. i.e. Pushing for JR & Tristan Thompson to get massive contracts, pushing Kyrie out, pushing for Ty Lue to be hired, his style of play/game plans, etc.

3) Ridiculous statement. Anywhere LeBron goes is attractive to players, especially players that fit the 6th man role well, something we could have used. Also, Cleveland isn't as "ugly" as it used to be - 4 straight NBA Finals, 2016 World Series, RNC, revitalization of the night life with The Flats restoration - it's been a happenin' place. The other issue was, after all of these big contracts that LeBron pushed for "his boys" to get, the Cavs were handicapped salary wise. The Cavs are DEEP into the luxury tax.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame