View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 01:32 PM
David Peck

I purchased another 15 card voucher so that I could send the entire set in at the same time and just have them separated into two orders. I used the online submission for the first time and it was amazing. I have really sloppy hand writing so it I am sure made it easier for whomever was processing my order. They are logged and I am awaiting the grades.

On a different note I had the opportunity to have dinner last night with Haku or known in this set as Prince Tonga. He lives in Central Florida and a fellow wrestling card collector organized the dinner as he was up from Miami for a conference. We had a great time! He is such a nice guy and we chatted it up for three and a half hours and closed down the restaurant. Greg is a vendor at many of the wrestling conventions and was trying to secure him for next year when Wrestlemania comes to Orlando and the huge Wrestlecon event takes place.

We talked about a ton of topics and it was really cool to see two of the waiters "mark out" for him. We let them engage in the conversation and here the stories he was telling. I showed him the Rax set from my phone and he did confirm he had never seen the card.

His personal story is amazing and he left the island of Tonga at 14 to pursue rugby and then was selected to join a sumo wrestling organization. Greg was able to get a few of his very rare cards from Japan signed and a Market Scene card that I brought for him. I gave two copies to him to take home and he was very pleased.

We knocked back a number of drinks and it was so much fun to get to talk to him for so long. We talked about some of his infamous altercations outside of the ring and some of his more memorable moments in the ring. From Andre to Brody to Abdullah to Goldberg it was great. It sounded like Greg got him to agree to be able to represent him next year so all parties left very happy.

We took a few pics and here they are.