View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 08:05 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
From what I read his comments about Canada stem from him being universally ignored by organized Canadian baseball his entire amateur career.
Votto, who played for Canada at the 2009 and 2013 World Baseball Classics and won the Lou Marsh Award as Canada’s athlete of the year in 2010 and 2017, distanced himself from his home country

Votto said he is “terribly ashamed” of his comments and called them “ridiculously selfish and short-sighted.”

I get the fact he is frustrated never having won a WS and his team currently in the toilet, but I guess he forgot his roots and where he learned and got good, pro good, before he was drafted.

He apologized, as he should have, so its water under the bridge now, for me anyways, but, imo, he won't live this one down.

“People aren’t going to love that I say this (but) I don’t care almost at all about Canadian baseball,” Votto said. “When I say that … I wasn’t raised inside of Canadian baseball really. I played on a local team but as an 18-year-old I was drafted."