View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Perry Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
jsa and psa admit that an auction loa is a cursory review, a quick glance, we looked at it from a moving car going 85 miles an hour and as we whizzed past, we saw something maybe that made us think this might be good. now pay us more and we will do our jobs. They use weasel words to get them off the hook, saying that it is a preliminary cursory review, but as jim said, does the autograph change? why cant they take a good look at it and figure it out at that time? why guess? they are admitting it is a a guesstimate.
PSA has changed their policy. All auction pre-certified items are now guaranteed and they can't weasel out of it.

I also don't find the comparisons to mechanics or doctors to be true. Nobody is paying multiple times for the same opinion. The original opinion is paid by the seller or auction house, and believe me, I don't believe Heritage or any other auctioneer pays very much. They are offering this as a service.

If the auction winner decides he wants a full cert, he can pay for one like any other un-certified piece he buys. He's paying once. Auction buyers are very savvy. The only ones really hurt by high buyer's premiums, shipping fees, authentication fees, etc are the sellers. All of this is priced in in the bidding price. Look at the hammer prices for common auction items and you will see this bear out over and over again.